A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wednesday night Terrace cookout

I left the office around 6:45 today as the sun was in its perfect position for a late-afternoon cookout. I rolled all of my windows down and sang to some old school Tom Petty ( I guess everything Petty is old school) and Dave (how fun to bring out the oldschool jams on awindows-down kinda afternoon!)
A cookout was in the air....I could feel it brewing. Only problem, The Terrace doesnt really have a grille. So I go through a list of boy-grille master- friends and plead for them to partake in a Wednesday cookout with me.....no dice. Out of my 6 options, 4 were out of town and the other two were grille-less. What boy doesnt own a grille? This is only a minor obstacle....Having something to grille was of bigger concern.
I dig in the igloo of mysterious meats that we call the freezer for something that used to have legs for me to put on the grille....whevever I find a grille that is.... And what to my wondering eyes should appear but some turkey burgers stuffed under meal #9 of Katie Shipleys (story to come.....she literally has 18 helpings of hamburger helper in the freezer.) After receiving the last return phonecall from my not-so-boyish, friend-boy who didnt have a grille....I looked sheepishly onto the deck and the sun seemed to shine brilliantly atop the Geroge Forman of all George Forman's - the Forman Outdoor Grille...ahhhhhhhh (that is the choir ofangels singing)

See, Dad got real excited and asked Santa to bring this to me this year for Christmas. One day before work started picking up and everyone was at home playing with Christmas toys, I decided to put this thing together....and I did and since then it has sat. Then, with the party at the Terrace two weeks ago we hid it on the deck. Mind you, it is an electic grille. Needless to say, along with the forgotten trash, we left the grille on the deck for every 1143 counts of pollen to rest and for every dirty drop of rain water to collect (very resourceful we are). This isnt going to stop me from a perfect cookout though,no. I clean off the grille,move it into the living room - literally, put on my shades and cook what may have been the finest turkey burger this side of the Mason Dixon. (I did forget to take out the paper liner that seperates one patty from another. Details.....whatever.)

I tell you no lies and I do not boast to gain any personal attention here but my frozen turkey burger via pollen-covered George Forman was the bomb.com. Who needs boys? Actually, I take that back. I do. It would have been much more enjoyable to drink a beer and watch some other cute thing flip my pattys in my living room. (You have a dirty mind! Stop!)Maybe next Wednesday.....

Kat got a little excited about all the commotion so.... being the pre-birthday-bash-lush that she is, she joined in on the fun (see pictures above). She was a little scared of the finished product and opted for Loco's for dinner. Boo! She knows she missed out though....the beautiful smell of plastic and old meat still lingers in the livingroom.
There is nothing like a little last minute roommate grill-fest right smack in the middle of the dining room. Please see pictures above. Don't be jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home