A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

New additions to the Terrace

No new roommates. Just a few new toys. I am worn out from the weekend and my fingers are not cooperating so no novel tonight. The Terrace aquired some new toys this weekend. First of which is our very own trampoline. Full size. One of the Katies is mortified that I would come home with a trampoline at the age of 25 but I secretly think that she'll be the first to sneak outside and partake in the excitement while the rest of us are at work this week. The trampoline is from my parents house and is a donation from the Nicholson's for future roommate bonding sessions. In highschool everyone in the neighborhood would meet at our trampoline at night in the summers and then we'd go do what highschoolers do from there. Flashlight tag, sneaking into the club pool! I love summer break!
I also brought home some bongo drums. Kat has a guitar and so I wanted a musical insrument too. I went home today and my brother had recently purchased a mandolin. I had never really touched an instrument with strings before. Whoa. So I start putting together a melody (melody only to my own ears). My brother came in after my self taught lesson on the mandolin. I was holding it like a violin. Wrong. Needless, Matt suggested that maybe I start with the bongos so he donated some bongos on loan until I master the new skill. My roommates will love my new toy I am sure. Especially in lieu of the music we listen to at night with the windows open and the twinkle lights on. Watch out Ben Harper.
Harmonica next?

Going to make some noise with my new bongos on the trampoline. You wish you were here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I DOOO wish I was there! I want us to lay on our backs on the trampoline and talk about nonsense and look at stars and feel like summer. I'll swat your mosquitos if you swat mine.

AND, if you gimme a beat, I'll perform the Swazi tribal dance to the bongos for you and a special small audience. Invitation only... ;)

3:07 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Ahh, I LOVE trampolines! So fun!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There's nothing like a trampoline! It brings back sweet memories of our summer as the "camp tramps" at Greystone. I hope you and your roomies enjoy the new toy. I want a turn when I come to visit! :)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

glad to know you've joined the club of 25 year olds who have trampolines. we love ours in charleston! it is sure to provide lots of fun times!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home