A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

simple

All of life comes down to just one thing and that's to know you, Jesus, and to make you known.
That's it.
I won't lie. I have a hard time seperating that one thing from everything else I am supposed to do, need to do, want to do, from what is done to me. Every single decision, encounter, desire, ambition, interaction, experience, goal, relationship, trial, accomplishment, word, date, possibility, opportunity - all of it - it is about just that one thing.

I pray that I am thirsty for the first part of the sentence so that the last part of the sentence is as natural buckling my seatbelt or brushing my teeth. It's a scary thing to pray for thirst for knowledge of God because often times we most learn about His character when we experience Him firsthand and often times those hands on experiences do not come without trials. Therefore, I haven't whole heartedly prayed this maybe ever but I know I am at a place where I want to truly know Him above any thing else. The more I know You the more I can reflect You. The more I reflect You the more You are seen. The more You are seen the more You are invited to do even more than I could have expected by just wanting to know You more.

All of life truly does come down to just this one sentence with a powerful and in the middle. The two go hand in hand. If you know him you'll want to make Him known.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Betsy, your heart for Christ is so pure. I love how we are able to encourage one another in our faith. I am lucky to be able to spend this week with you! Love you bunches!!!

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home