A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Slow dancin in a burning room

You had me at "hello, Birmingham", Mr. Mayer. Never before have I really been a die hard John Mayer fan. I tend to steer away from anything too mainstream or so I think. I was asked to take a day trip to the lovely town of Birmingham yesterday in order to be seduced under the stars. I accepted the invitation gladly and then rushed out Friday to buy the new cd. This was fun in itself. Normally I just download the new cd's that interest me but do you recall the joy of actually holding a real CD case? Invigorating. Nonetheless, I have stained the cd the last 4 days. I mean over and over and over and over. Mayer hit the spot in his latest cd titled, Continuum. It's everything I like in my ears. A little bluesy part jazz mostly soulful but an all around body massage to your ears. You feel me? It is good! Anyway, lastnight I swayed and shimmied all night to Mayer's smooth voice and the occassional brass horn in the background. Aghhh......my heart was stolen lastnight and I have a feeling Ill be riding this cloud all week long.

I was on craigslist today trying to see if I could secure a ticket for the Atlanta show this weekend. I may be that girl and go both nights. 3 days to make something happen, Betsy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home