A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

hibernation

Just like our furry mammal cousins I have been hiding away for the winter and storing food. Literally. This week has been wonderfully refreshing and even now at a few minutes to 9 on a beautiful Sunday morning - I am going to squeeze even the last drop of pleasure out of this past week with a pumpkin spice latte, the last pages of my book and some egg whites -light cheese.

I love Thanksgiving week. It's the holiday everyone American celebrates regardless of religion or background. And I think you might agree that there is nothing more invigorating than a thankful heart. I couldn't help but sing praise to God throughout the last few days. My whole family was home. My phone didn't ring for work. My mama's cookin may have given me a little muffin top tummy over my pants (nice). The weather couldn't have been more fabulous. I love post Thanksgiving football in Athens. My house is clean. Ample time for long runs. Sleep is abundant. Ive had time to take all the dance classes I want. God is smiling upon me and showing me favor and I am thankful. I am truly thankful. I am thankful that my heart is quiet. This season has been one of those full of memories and excitement and blessings galore but yet I keep anticipating something more. It's tiring to live like this. As I have said all year -I know God is preparing me for something but I have worn myself out trying to figure out that something until lately. Lately, I have learned to be still and cling to the truths that I know. God wants glory. He wants to use me for His glory. He wants to show everyone His love. He will use me to do this. He is always preparing me for whatever is next whether or not I know it and that is faith. And even though I may not see the evidence He is at work in me. And that is what I am most thankful for of all.
Back to hibernating for the rest of this day.

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.
Psalm 30:11-12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home