A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

broken promises

I know. I promised. I let you down. I havent come through. I will when it is right. This week I can't keep my head out of the clouds....I can't seem to make any decisions and I honestly dont even know how I like my eggs cooked.

Here is what I do know:
- I am full from this past weekend of rich rich blessings.
-This week has been bitter in that the weekend fromheaven is over and sweet in that it was so so good and beyond just the goodness in the pictures.
- I have slept like a professional this week. The kind of sleep that is interrupted for nothing except Tuesday I woke myself up crying because I dreamed I was going back to college and had to live in a room with my sister with turquoise walls. (love you mary - turquise walls overwhelm me obviously.) Literally, crying y'all!!!
-The warm in my bed is in perfect combination with the ice that is hanging from my bedroom doorway. Hence the ability to stay in my bed in the morning and continue to dream crazy things.
-I LOVE my trampoline. Ooops....take that back. I dont have a trampoline (on the record.) Charlsie says we could be sued for just having it in the back yard whether or not it is ever used. Charlsie can now write JD after her name so she knows. My non-trampoline that I dont have has the most amazing bounce in it because it is so old and rustic. You can literally touch the top of the perfectly painted trees.
-Sweet potatoes have all the nutrients needed for some cultures to survive. Sweet potatoes are so vital to the Duna people for survival and for their economy. I am class these days as you should know and last week we learned about the amazing Duna people in Papa NewGuinea (i honestly have no start as to how to spell that...Ill look it up if I remember). The instructor had lived among them for years. The first few years he spent just learning and writing down their language because it had never been done. Naturally, (but is it so natural?) after several more years the Duna people began to learn from the 'white man' that lived among them. He continued to show us the story of the Duna people and their remarkable step of faith. Our professor taught them about the saving grace of Jesus. Where in the gospels Jesus says I am the bread of Life....the Duna people have no concept of bread because all supplies aside from harvested food is flown in every few months. Hence bread is a rarity. But the Duna understand sweet potatoes! When a Duna man or woman becomes a follower of Jesus they say that Jesus lives in their stomach because like me, their stomach is where they believe their soul is....I like these folks! More so, Jesus IS their sweet potato. Jesus is my chocolate chip cookie with peanut butter morsels. He is my vanilla latte! I love the simple faith of these people. I love that I get to learn about them and I love that God has completely transformed every thought I ever had before about my faith through this class. God, why bless me to hear such beautiful stories? To whom much is given much can be expected right?
- I know that my family is in town tomorrow night and mama is cooking and there is nothing in town I would rather do than eat mama's cookin and drink wine and tell stories and feel my family's unconditional love.
- I know NOTHING is certain and still I am embracing my uncertainty.
-I know I can't wait for a day of rain to hopefully slow me down.
- I know the house is clean and I feel terrific because I am results oriented and would clean the house 4 times over just to feel the satisfaction I feel when cleaning. OCD? Never.
- I know I miss Ashley, Charlsie and my other house guests.

I know I know nothing but will treat each day as a new one full of opportunities to share my joy with you and your neighbor and their sister and your mother's friend! God's joy is for everyone!

Preach the gospel everywhere and when necessary use words. That's what I know....Thank you Francis!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love you Bets and I miss you terribly!!!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home