A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, March 09, 2007

Breakfast Utopia

I am an eggs kinda girl in the morning. And finally after several years of wondering aimlessly through the wide-world-O-eggs I now know just how I like them. 2 egg whites with one whole egg, scrambled lightly and a sprinkle of cheese. No butter. I like to get some of them a little toasted. This probably isnt your style but I have found that it suits me and now once again I go to bed at night with purpose....to wake up and eat eggs! Cheap thrill.
This morning was an exception and to be honest, I feel a little guilty as I sit here fat and happy after a non-routine kind of morning. I broke the mold. On this morning I wake up earlier than any alarm, I do not even collect $200 and I go straight for the kitchen. I open up the Panera Bread sack that was so thoughtfully given to me as a hostess gift lastnight and I literally just smell the rounded piece of heaven with no middle. If I am going to break my routine for this sinful little indulgence I am going to do it all the way so I slice it, butter it and toast it oh so perfectly. Then I lather it with a modest amount of honey almond cream cheese. Words can not do the first bite justice. What have I been missing all these mornings? I think that eggs are the ticket because I finally know how I like them and I feel pretty good after I eat them...you know, good dose of protein in the morning and nothing too heavy. Who cares? I am so thankful this morning for taste buds! My taste buds are on vacation in Bora Bora right now and they are not wanting to come back to the real world. I'm salivating just rethinking it.

So I come into the office today all chipper and doing somersaults and my attitude alone justifies my simple indulgence this morning. The office loves happy Betsy. The office seems to be happier when I am happier and therefore, Panera bagels should be more the norm than the exception. Today, Creator God, I am thankful that you have created my taste buds that some how link to my serotonin levels and result in warm fuzzy feelings all over that lead to an overflow of happiness which in turn is soaked up by those around me and the world seems a little better and a little more at peace.

Oh, and maybe I shouldnt get this personal but I also purchased some Irish Spring in a bottle. Irish Spring to my sense of smell(especially on a boy) is like Panera bagels to my fully-alive taste buds....I smell amazing. I probably am the best smelling person around this morning. You would want to be real close to me right now...which leads to my date tonight. The beau and I are going to see Keb Mo - mi favorito de todo - tonight at the Atlanta Symphony Hall. Maybe my Irish Spring will help someone get "closer....a little bit closer...." (Lyrics to a Keb Mo song for those of you who think I am spilling a little TMI).

Sensory Overload!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am having sensory overload just from reading this! I am so glad you had a "favorites" day! Love you, miss you, mean it!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home