A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Isaiah (thanks Fran!) 61

I can't get this out of my head....Read and enjoy. How beautiful.
Whatever season this is in this life this psalm is the melody.
Praise God for today....oh if I could only tell all the details.
One day........

The Year of the Lord's Favor
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has annoited me to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me (Jesus, kids, not me) to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion - to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.


Ahhhh.......Thank you, God, for these words that fill me up. Thank you today for your physical presence in tangible ways that I do not deserve.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

this has been our verse in charleston and i love it! it seems to keep popping up in my life a lot and not that it's a big deal but it's acutally isaiah 61

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home