A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Same place, different name

Instead of making the annual name change on this thing like I have to do every winter since the title has to do with a certain small segment of life....this year I just took a sabbatical.
And what a sweet sweet sabbatical it was.
Not that I didn't miss my relationship with Blogger because I did. I actually feel like I even lost any appeal I ever had with this thing. As soon as you stop writing it seems that things stop happening for you to write about.
Somehow my clumsiness, lack of inhibition when my mouth opens, and amazing ability to meet the oddest people in Atlanta has all started to wane. More so, my mind doesnt seem to want to analyze the way it used to. It kind of enjoys just going with it - whatever it is - rather than picking evey little thing that God allows to happen to me to pieces.

Well, like the soon-to-be-spring sun to my delightful green grass outside...something in me starts to come to life as the thermometer starts seeing the 65+ numbers on a daily basis. All of a sudden I woke up today craving the feeling of the keys on my fingers and the exhilaration when I sit down with the perfect cup of coffee to hold (rarely to drink) knowing nothing could interrupt me for the next few moments. So, if you are still here or ever peep back just to see if I have come out my whole - thanks for your devotion. If I won an Oscar or Grammy ever I would thank yall as well as God and my mama - as surely you are the most dedicated or bored people I've ever known but nonetheless I am thankful.

I will spare you the novel of where I have been or what I've learned but hopefully it will be obvious.
As I have said many times, I am just a little bitty part of God's HUGE story. Finally, four years after college I am able to look at the time that may be in front of me and realize that not everything has to happen in "2005: My Year to Thrive" nor did it all have to happen in "2-5: My Year to Thrive." Really, on a worldly-did-good-things-happen-and-did-you-laugh-more-than-you-cried kinda scale, 2-5 kinda stunk. And I would redo it all tomorrow if given the opportunity. Hence, the name change for Mr. Blog....I can't limit the work He is going to do to just one year of this short life.

I'm not sure if yall already figured this out but things dont happen according to my time line anyway. And thankfully after a year as thick as a steak and shake chocolate milkshake - I sort of appreciate that they dont. I actually started to believe ( I would italicize "believe" if I could but I cant figure it out so use your imagination) towards the end of last year that God's good and perfect timing is just that - perfect. His sovereingty trumps any fantastical storyline I might ever create. His beauty is more obvious in and around me than Brad Pitt and Keira Knightley on a sunny and 75 Spring day during sunset drinking lemonade on a hammock with Van Morisson (live) in the background. I am grateful for this last year...so grateful it took me 3 months just to write about it but I am more excited for today. I am energized by the reality that I still have all of today to be a part of God's story. It's only minutes til 9 and still so much opportunity in front of me today to play a minute role in His good and perfect story. Never before have I been more thankful for just today. All we can know is that God has given us everything we need for just today. He has given me enough to handle any conversation, controversy or challenge. He has filled me up enough to fill others up no matter if they deserve it or not. He has given me enough understanding to know nothing but know confidently that I dont have to know everything. He has allowed me to feel enough to be sympathetic towards others but also encourage you enough to cause you to go after your dreams. He has given me enough to handle any news but to also rest when there is no news. He has loved me more than I could start to measure and this is what causes me to want to squeeze every drop of life out of every part of my day. This love also is what compels me to know Him more abundantly. And that is the bottom line....to know You, God, and to be loved by You, alone.

Carpe diem, for real, kids!
(PS....I dont know how to work spell check either as this is the first time I have used my new Mac for this thing. Im not quite cool enough to actually know how to use a Mac but I put on a good show.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

We both started blogging again on the same day!! How random. I can't wait to see you tonight. I'm going to squeeze your neck so hard!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bets,

I am so glad that you found the energy and motivation to blog again! I haven't, not that I was ever as good at it as you. Maybe I'll get inspired. :) It's so good to hear how God is shining on you.

Lovin' it!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!! Welcome back! I am so excited. It is nice to have you back again.

8:01 PM  
Blogger miclmiclmtrcycl said...

So true, so true... weird how crazy things stop happening when you stop posting your everyday occurances on the internet huh? I've been slack- can't wait to start making things happen again. The Bloggedy Blog Blog is back in effect.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home