A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Why are You so good to me?

This was a year of favor. Always at the end I have great ambition to be able to recap the year - knowing that when you look at things in retrospect and from a birds eye view that many of the lessons and themes are evident. I dont know where I'd start this year... all I know is that I did thrive. I thrived but not at all because of anything I did.
It seems in everything this year God has shown me favor. Really, though, I think he did the ultimate task in altering my perspective. He didnt change. He is constant. Rather He chose to help me see things a little closer to their 'true' reality - His reality. And what a difference this makes to a year! What a difference this makes to a day! What a difference this makes to even a conversation. Everything is a little lighter when you see things through God's perspective. Even the heavy stuff ...lighter.
And of all things I could ask for this would be the most valuable. I wouldnt look back on this year and remember it for any certain event or emotion but I do know that it was a big year. It was the year that He began to break down any preconceived notions I might have had about who He was....my fingers may had to have been pulled open but ultimately they were opened and I am deeply grateful. In ALL things - God is there. Through ALL things - He wants glory. This makes even the smallest of interactions a big deal. This makes every day and every moment monumental.
I cant wait to start a new year looking at each day through His eyes. Why are you so good to me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home