A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, July 27, 2007

On partial unemployment

Everyone thinks that I have it made right now. No office to report to at a certain hour. No one to tell me to come back after 45 minutes of lunch. No work clothes. No printer issues. All this is true but there is alot more that comes with partial unemployment. There is this odd feeling of being stuck. Like your feet are fully immersed in swamp water and you sort of can see some dry land but everytime you see it you sink a little more and for a moment - lose sight of any dry areas. Stuck stuck stuck. This post is already taking a polar opposite turn from yesterdays.
Let's backup. I liked yesterday alot. Everyone liked me liking yesterday. Brad told me all day how attractive my happiness was. I felt in in everything I did. I sat most of the mornign cleaning out the old in my closets. Anything old - out. I now have made room to share a closet with someone since it looks like that is another thing that comes with marriage. I sing and I twirled as I tried on my prom gown from Marietta High Prom - '99. Red, long and a mesh middle so you could see my flat and beautiful abs at the time. What has happened to those abs? More so, what happened with my taste at the time. I do remember buying that lovely dress and feeling like a million dollars. Maybe this is why it still hangs in my closet....some far off reminder of a sweet sweet time with alot less concern and no thought of unemployment anywhere near. So, yes, I turned and twirled and remembered the way I felt. Then, there were some other odd findings in the closet - all of which created a very indulgent experience to reminesce. After the mass cleaning - I went to mama's office to talk to a man about flowers. Flowers dont make me melt like some girls. I like simple things. One type of flower in a bunch kinda girl. But, still, for any girl to spend hours and hours looking at brilliant colors of flowers all afternoon - you cant help but walk away a little lighter. The day ended with cheese dip and salsa. Two of my first loves. You see, how could anyone help but to gleam after a day like yesterday.

I just decided in this moment to repeat yesterday today. I've said it over and over but it is all on perspective, right? And as yall know mama always said, You have to choose the type of day you are going to have! Therefore, I am choosing a chocolate-filled kind of day. Mama and I are heading to Madison to taste some of the food for the reception. Yet again, what girl cant be happy having someone cook for her! I cant wait to try the caterer's famed peanut butter-chocolate filled cookies. Delectable.

Make it a fabulous day! I am choosing to do the same. Cheers to partial-unemployment (I can explain that later)!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home