A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Best Saturday EVER

Yesterday was by far the prettiest day I have ever experienced in Atlanta. Really. I woke up yesterday and it is like the air outside ran through my knows and I was immediatly awake and I knew it would be a good day. First, the mean man Brian Nichols was captured early Saturday a.m. - what a terrible day to be shackled - the weather was intoxicating. So I woke up to an empty house which was perfect for the type of day I was to have. I brewed a fresh cup of my Costa Rican coffee. I think CR coffee is heaven in a cup. It my be the memories that make it so sweet but nonetheless, a good cup of coffee. Then I sat in my grass and read my book until about 1:30 in the afternoon. Neighbors walkd by. Everyone was happy and everyone was outdoors. God really gave yesterday to us as a gift for maybe having to endure the pain of the mean man Brian Nichols. He reminded us of the beauty that far abounds the hurt and sin of this world. What a true glimpse of heaven!
So after my nose was just a touch rosy, my friend, Amanda and I went on a excusion around Capital City. We walked and talked until we could no more and we looked at all the unique homes of the area. Not sure about her but I was secretly seeing myseld on the porches of the houses we passed - just rocking in a Brumby rocker, sipping lemonade, husband and kids playing the backyard....
Reality yesterday was just as sweet as my fantasies though. We then went to the Dekalb Farmers Market to pick up some fresh things just like we were in Italy. I got some more oranges because now that I learned how to cut an orange to where it is fun to eat - I love them!
The Farmers Market was a true treat. Reminds me of the outdoor farmers market that came through Marion Scquare in Charleston on Saturdays.
Yesterday my mind was at peace, my heart was content and my cuppeth run over.
I know God has some more of those kinds of days in his pocket but for now I am satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home