A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The good stuff

I'm alive!
That's a good thing today not because I escaped some near death experience or anything just praise God that yet once again I woke up and was alive and had yet another day to try and glorify the One who gave me this day in all I do.

Start your day like this, really. Smile big in the mirror before you brush your teeth (please brush your teeth too in the morning...I cant tell you what bad breath does for society) smile big at the beautiful person in the mirror and say thank you God for yet another day to infect the lives of people all over the world for Your glory. That is the beautiful comforting simplicity of why we are created and why things big and small are really all small - we are part of a bigger story and what a glorious day when we fully realize this. Thank you God for this day! Thank you for all 75 trillion cells that compose my body right now and give me physical life and thank you for Christ that gives me spiritual life.


I don't need to say anything else.....I had a whole list of good stuff I wanted to tell you but I think that sums it up.





For those of you wondering though...here are a few of the ones that make the list right now:
-I am heading to one of my new favorite cities, Nashvegas this weekend with a bunch of my friends and I get to see my dear friend Leah! I can't wait.
-Thursday night Fran comes to town for a short visit - I love me some Fran...one of my oldest and dearest friends.
-I am going to see Mat Kearney tonight and I am slightly obsessed
- It is the end of the month and my numbers have started to pick up which is always good
-My brother is 23 today! Happy Birthday Dr. McDreamy.
-I got to play some tennis with the roommates lastnight and wear a tennis skirt. I love tennis skirts!
-2.5 weeks til WEST PALM BEACH!!!!
-I LOVE APRIL IN GEORGIA!!!! Everything is blooming and shining and the temperature is divine and the thunderstorms are invigorating and the pollen for some miraculous reason isnt killing me this year
-I am finishing up my daily unsweet tea/lemonade combo...yummy!!!!
-My college roommate, Ashley, is due this week with her first little one....yet another life God has knit together to be made for His Glory!

It truly is always a great day to be alive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home