A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, April 28, 2006

POLLEN COUNT 345,765

I am not the pollen meter but that is what it feels like. All spring I have been walking around wondering why I have yet to go to the hospital due to the yellow blanket that is covering Atlanta right now. usually this stuff puts me out but this year to my surprise....no effect...until yesterday at 7:45pm. I think I have since sneezed every 3rd second and in between my nose drips to the tip of my lip. Lovely, I know.
Claritin and all the drugs available for that matter do not a thing when this stuff gets in my body. And everything has started to taste funny too like my food has a plastic coating. Yikes, you say, it sounds more like some rare foreign disease and soon I should see spots and rings on my skin. I hope you are wrong. I have a low threshold for pain....I have started to taking pain pills now for when I may one day birth a child. (I dont like the way that sounded....does that mean I am not ready for kids yet...let's hope so.) Anywho, I am a baby when it comes to pain - though not a hypochondriac. I am not fond of you hypochondriacs either (with exception to Charlsie because I like her regimens and justifications for things when she is sick.)Otherwise, it seems I somehow always date these boys that are always hurting. My dad is like this says my mom. He plays basketball with the young fellas and then comes home limping and sore for days (he would kill me if he knew I said that over the www...he really is quite and athelete for being 50 (my dad is ONLY 50 - how cool is that?)....Anyway....

On other notes, Fran- my favorite and only Fran is in town for a mere 18 hours and I am so so happy and want to get home to play with her briefly before I leave for Nashvegas today. Fran reminds me of easier days at Greystone or on our porch in Charleston or lounging on thebeachesof Monterrey. Fran encompasses everything fabulous about the most fabulous person you know. I am really lucky to have her as a friend. She will be in my wedding if that is God's plan for me in fact to be married and we will sit in our 60's and talk about how cool our grandkids are....she's that kind of friend. Just to think she is at the Terrace now in my bed makes me smile. Okay, so gotta go so I can get out of here to hang out with her. We are going to Cafe at Pharr for lunch or maybe Souper Jenny. Look for the prettiest red head you have ever seen if you want to come get a glimpse of me being happy and my soulmate, Fran, having lunch together.

Enjoy your weekend! I'll be in Nashville on roller skates and in a tu-tu cheering on my marathon running friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home