A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Many things made me smile today

-Green shoes! I have the greatest pair of green heels that I forgot about and yesterday I found them all lonely in my closet. Today they were so happy to be on my feet and to be admired by all of Corporate Atlanta. Good shoes=good day. I am really not this shallow but if I look at all of the basics - I always have extra-ordinary days when I have on fabulous shoes. The confidence just flows from the ground up.
-Productive morning...it just takes two super productive hours to win the day and I did that by 10 this morning.
-Souper Jenny's $10 lunch. A soup and sald or sandwich, a "treat", a peice of fruit, roll and drink. This makes about 3 meals for me. I want to open my own Super Jenny one day and spread my joy to Atlanta's lunch time population.
-Laying in the grass with Charlsie and my new sunglasses. I love our grass. It grows like crazy but it is the soft kind that beckons you to lie in it and that we did.
-Having two packages dropped off by the FedEx man. 2!!! Are you serious? I got an unexpected package and my pilates magic circles that I ordered. These are magical and make my body so happy. I love the FedEx man or out sweet mail lady or anyone that wants to sprinkle some postal love on the Terrace.
-Watching yesterday's Oprah for the 3rd time and once again crying the whole way through. My heart is burning for missions. I dont really want to be a "missionary" per se but I want to live my life, especially my career life as though my only mission is to spread Jesus' name far and wide. This isnt revolutionary - it's what happens when you allow God to transform your heart. But more so these days I have this undeniable desire to be bold for my beliefs: for the joy that has been given to me.
-Running tonight just as the sun went down around our fabulous neighborhood. There is this stretch between mile 3 and 4 that is right near the golf course. The sun goes down over the golf course and no one ever seems to pass me. At first I was listening to From the Inside Out by Hillsong and literally had my arms open the whole time....eventually I turned off the ipod and just ran my heart out. Can you believe my knees are marginally working enough for me to experience such release by a few runs a week? I am elated!
-Finding the 1974 Braves ball cap online in my size.
-Online ordering...yeah, I am on a roll these days - from pilates rings to luggage to pictures to conputer software. All within budget - no worries.
-Watching Francoeur hit 2 home runs against the Marlins today. I love America's team (and would love them more if they could win it all for once. I want to go to the Braves parade when they win the championship like back in the 90's.....Sid Bream, Terry Pendleton.... all the greats.
-Talking to my dad, the expert on all things, unexpectedly tonight
-Enjoying the quiet night with candles, porch lights and Shawn McDonald in the background. Perfect.
-Clean sheets! I get to sleep on clean sheets tonight! This may be one of the grander things in this life on earth. More so, my room is so clean you could really eat breakfast off of it. Eggs on the floor tomorrow am.
-Surprise visits from Robin, Jenni and our new friend, Amy late tonight. Just when I thought the day couldnt be anymore perfect I get a knock on the door and two of my favorite people in the world are standing smiling. I dont deserve such fabulous friends.
-Realizing just how sinful I am. Really, I think these days are some of the hardest but most refreshing. It is because of my natural sin that is just so hard to get rif of that I even need Christ. often I think I get busy and think I can do it on my own but always...always....He reminds me that I am only fully alive because I have been redeemed. Often in our society and especially with our generation we walk aroung thinking we are owed something. Really, if we realized daily how much we dont deserve we would be so humbled and so overwhelmed by the grace that has been given to us. So often my motives are impure and so often discipline is not the center of my decisions. But so often I am truly rejuvenated by the reality that I am fully redeemed....day in and day out. I deserve nothing but I am given to abundantly.

And that sums up this perfect Thursday. I will sleep well tonight. My heart is at peace. I hope you do too! Get rid of any monkeys (as Brad calls them) in your head - you will always sleep lighter on a monkey-free head....and clean sheets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home