A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Monday, May 01, 2006

SB2K6 - Nashvegas

I had never been to Nasville before this year and now I have made a 3rd appearance averaging about every 40 days. I like this habit that is starting. Each trip entirely different but altoghether good. This is not going to be a post about how obsessed I am with Nashville - I've done that before...more so, Atlanta thrills me all the same. Yes, alot of the fun we had this weekend has to do with the setting but I think anytime you take a small group of folks, get out of town and explore a new city - you are destined for some fond memories. Really, this weekend was about the company. You know I like to write so I could give you a novel here but it is kind of like when you go to your friends house for dinner with their parents and all the dad wants to do is show you pictures of the family trip to Italy back in '99.....okay, so this is my dad - and really if you weren't there you probably dont care unless you have some personal interest in the place of travel. Needless to say - I am going to tell you what was great about the weekend rather than write you the novel that I am dying to wite:

-Robin aka PT aka my partner in crime....you can't pick a better travelling partner. She is laid back as they come and truly enjoyable to be around for more than 24 hours
-Dr. Johnseys fabulous music selections for the 3 (oopss...5 hour drive) up...Mat Kearney, The Fray, Tracy Chapman, Passion cd and more....
-Vising Leah, my Nashville resident....optimistic about everything and the hostess with the mostess.
-Judge beans barbque Friday night. Yummy! I love baked beans.
-The Stage X 2....Yep, never have I ever atleast in a long time been to a bar - the same bar - 2 nights in a row.
-New Nashvegas friends....Brad, Alan and Josh and their fraternity house off Bradford
-Front porches on perfect Friday/Saturday nights
-Seeing so many of my friends among 19,000 runners on Saturday morning....more so, seeing so many supportive people and so many people working together to create a surreal experience. I think God will have 1/2 marathons in heaven...you can just sense the emotion and excitement and enthusiasm among the runners and anyone cheering the runners on. Hooray for Kat, Sarah, Gray, Josh, Mark, Tricia and Sally! I am so happy for y'all.
-PT and Johnsey and I laying around the entire afternoon on Saturday....I would never have done that in Atlanta but boy was it perfect.
-Red and white dresses! I love red!
-Fabulous celebration dinners with nowhere to be, good food, wine, new friends, old friends and fabulous conversation
-Wearing cowboy boots even though it is not cool anymore
-Dancing to Merle, Toby Keith, Johnny Paycheck, Hank Williams Jr and some Skynard til the wee hours

I have to go back to reality now and take care of the 14 reminders that I have been snoozing since Friday afternoon. Thank you God for a perfect weekend away. You amaze us in every way.

Girls, Nasvhille - spring 2007????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home