A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Cha'ston bound, honey

I'm going back to Charleston, back where I belong.
-Rhett Butler

I leave tomorrow on the first flight to bliss! It's the land of shrimp and grits, she-crab soup with Sherry, lemonades, Rainbow Row, Clydesdale horses, impeccable seafood, rickshaws, front porches but most importantly - its the home of my favorite summer memories and my most beloved place to reunite with my favorite girls! Just driving the long, straight trek from Columbia to the Coast relaxes you in a way that no other city I know does. This weekend my 5 college "Bohemians" and I are reuniting for a wedding of one of the Ghetto-Fabulous roommmates. Yes, we lived in the Ghetto in Charleston. Sure we lived in a typical Charleston row home and sure we had a phenomenal view of the city but we also had neighbors named "Toothy" and "Willy" who greeted us at the gate evertime we pulled into our summer haven. Needless, I still drive by our perfect abode and don't notice it's exact location - all I knew at the time and all that matters now is that I lived a glorious summer in Charleston and I have cherished every single detail that made that summer complete.

I may return. I may seriously not. Seriously. I forget everytime I go how much this town adores me! The feelings are mutual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home