A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mac and cheese, a little bluegrass and love is in the air

One of my favorite people in America was married lastnight to one of my new favorite people. Their story is magical and comforting altogether. I know most people come away from weddings and they see the world a little rosier and even the coldest heart is reminded of the effects of young love. Lastnight was more than just the usual-wonderous-wedding feelings. The breeze alone in the middle of a usually sweltering summer evening reminded me of the beauty in a story that is written by God. Even myself, a self-proclaimed hopeless romantic and lover of all things surreal couldn't have authored a more suiting story for my favorite newlyweds. You may think that my infatuation with the new couple is due to the perfect wedding with the perfect Southern food ensemble including mac and cheese and the perfect music coupled with the perfect party in the middle of a perfect setting. All of the above is true but my affection comes from the perfect story. And, no, not that is was some fairy tale situation. It was just God's obvious hand at work through my friends patience and ability to engage fully in each stage of life he had encountered. I dont know too many people so at ease in any situation. He is one of those rare few that truly do find the beauty in all things or atleast find something to laugh at - even sometimes himself. Nonetheless, I am thankful to witness firsthand a relationship founded on that which sustains all storms - God's love. I can't wait to see how He uses my friends in unfathomable ways in the future.
I know God has a story of my own as well.....And, yes, admittedly, I can't wait to be in the middle of His love story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home