A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Falling in love

Yeeessshhh.
If you haven't already navigated away because of the lovely topic at hand then you are in for a ride with lots of juicy inside gossip.



NEVER would I do that. As you have probably noticed I do not use this thing as a sounding board to voice my latest crush or boy interest. You know I dont kiss and tell.
Therefore, this is a different kind of falling in love which I do think can lead to the kind of falling that you all were thinking.

It's about falling in love with myself. It is about falling head over heels for the very person that God created me to be. It is about the overflow of praise that results when you are in love with the Creator and the creation. Somehow over the past year God has helped me slowly but surely let go of something. I really dont know exactly what the something is but I know I like it being gone. I like the person in the mirror in the morning - even at 5:30 - and I like the person that walks out the door with hopes each morning to glorify He who gave me the day. I am not tooting my own horn because really I am nothing apart from Christ alive in me. I feel like a new person when I truly let open my fingers and allow those things that I hold on to so dearly to slip from my control. It doesnt mean you have to let them fall to pieces. In the spirit of one of my favorite classic rock ballads - you gotta hold on loosely and dont let go. If you cling too tightly youre gonna lose control.

Things are fitting these days. My jeans, yes. Nice. My roommates. My job. My compacency in the moment - not complacent to where I am stale but to where I know I am right where I am supposed to be. How often do I say this? Seems like there is some kind of eternal theme through all of this online exposure. Back to things fitting....even my bed. I sleep better when things fit. My head doesnt run trying to make things fit. Even the music that seems to run in and out of my ear thoughout the day - fitting. My friends. My red toes. My solitude that tends to come at just the right times. Even my laugh - altogether fitting. My freckles that become all the more noticeable the older I get. My singleness coupled with the perfect amount of interest in other people. It just fits right now. I am thankful for this. I think things are quiet in my heart as I have started to piece together some of the themes that God has been slowly opening my eyes to these past few years.

I am in love with the way He loves me. I am greatful all the way through my toes and the top of my head for my giddyness. I am enamored by His affection. I am captivated by His endless pursuit. He has won my heart and He had me at hello. This is the kind of love story every girl can normally only imagine. This is the story of me falling in love. And they lived happily ever after. The End.



He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sunrise.
- William Blake

1 Comments:

Blogger miclmiclmtrcycl said...

I've been catching up on the "Betsiblog," as it's called in 'my favorites.' Sounds like there's lots going on... need to catch up if you get a moment for mentorship with a Charlestonian.

Get any odd phone calls last week?

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home