A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sweet reunion

Tomorrow my African-adventurers return to their motherland. After 5 months of roadside corn, unfathomable poverty, a few bumbs and bruises and countless changed hearts Holly and Beth come home!
The two first took a trip to Africa last November as a part of a Dream for Africa trip. At that time, they were opened to some longer term opportunities in Swaziland. So with a big party and lots of last minute miracle details working out - they headed south this past March. South Africa that is.
Oddly enoug, I have really somehow felt a little closer to both of them even though they have been on the other side of the world. God is so good. I am so thankful that we have been able to walk along side of them in prayer but also in communication. How cool is google talk? We were able to talk to Beth and Holly amlost daily in the morning and early afternoon (as they are 6 hours ahead). I loved hearing about the precious children that were touched lately by even their smiles. I loved getting to hear their voices everyonce in a while when we would call them on the internet.
I can't believe 5 months have gone by. We have been awaiting their return for nearly 10 weeks now and every Thursday I cross off another week that they are away and then before I know it it is Thursday again. Well, it is finally here and tomorrow Robin and Jenni and Sally and I and a few fellas are heading to the Jackson-Hartsfield-Ogunleye-International Airport to greet our favorite African-adventurers. I love airport greetings! No, I have never personally been greeted off an airplane but I have done some surprising of my own and the anticipation alone is priceless.

I cant imagine how exposed their hearts have been to such poverty and sickness and I can only begin to conceive how hard it will be to come back to the US. To Atlanta. To Buckhead and Dunwoody where we do not often go with out. I pray earnestly that their experiences would remain close to their hearts and that they will have the words to communicate way they saw God's habd move. I pray that we can all burn to live passionately for the Lord as Beth and Holly have these past 5 months. I pray that our eyes are open to those in need here in Atlanta just as they were opened as we watched Beth and Holly care for so many in need in Africa.

Thank You for allowing us to be a part of their adventure even with the comforts of America. I am changed because of these past 5 months and I don't even deserve it. I cant wait to eat peanut butter with these two and play with their hair and welcome them joyfully back to the states.

Welcome Home Bhutis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home