A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Tiffany's box green or sea-blue

The only thing put together to my liking these days is my room. Well, it was until yesterday. Mid afternoon I decide to create some change. I go to Home Depot and meddle through the aisles looking for a project. 6 cans of spray paint later and a few unnecessary wholes in the wall and I have a partially transformed room. The bed is now caddy corner and much more inviting. The color scheme is perfect. Classic black and white. Clean, stoic, timeless, comfortable and understood. Then I decided I would accent whatever statement my room was making with a little subtle blue maybe green. I walked out the door with $8 worth of a disaster basically. Did you know that paint colors on a piece of paper arent always as they seem in person. Needless, the way I work when I get a project in my mind is a little dangerous. It's like getting my hair cut - I have to stop everything and do it right then or else it'll be another 12 weeks. So at a quarter til 6 and a whole hour and 15 minutes to be where I needed to be I start slapping paint anywhere that could be painted. I dont believe much in lining things or drop cloths or any of the usual preliminary steps to painting a room/furniture - it's for the birds.
The black and white looks phenomenal. My compliments to the chef. The blue/green/sea/sky color isnt working and it makes my head spin. My mom comes today to help me try to fix the mess I created lastnight. I love her help. She sees a project and she attacks it and you dont want in her way. Really, though, I was not a good person to be helped today. I think the mess in the room paralleled to the other messes I am feeling right now and I just didnt want to do it anymore. I was done. And we lived happily ever after. No really, though, this is how the story ends for me. I get real excited for a project or task and put all I have in to it but I am really just a starter. Most of these past whims are now burried in a box with an ETA TBD. So, somebody tell me......where should I use this 'gift'??? I am talking about careers now. I know in the past when I have taken career tests they ask questions about the role I like to play in projects. I like the beginning and that is it. I think really I dont even need to see the end. I like to plant the seed. Is this terrible? Am I doomed?
So hold me accountable. If you see me ask me about the green room. Tell me you want to see it. Lie to me - whatever. I just have to see to it that I finish this project of all projects. Really, my crisp, clean, put-together room is a heaven in the midst of the other question marks that seem to be lurking right now.
This one needs to be complete for all of our sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home