A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

New RAY!!!

For atleast the next 10 hours, Kat and I are the coolest thing since sliced bread and chocolate milk combined. I was about to head to my chamber for a much-needed slumber when I realized that it was Tuesday. Back in highschool aka my glory days, when I really was genuinely cool, I loved Tuesdays because new music is released on this 3rd and lonely day of the week. I remember going into school late in my under classmen years only to get the newest Dave Matthews or 311 (Seriously) cd. I had all but forgotten that the music industry thrives off of Tuesdays and I had all but pushed Tuesdays into my least favorite of the 7 - with no other day even close to 6th place. Tuesdays are just a suvival day. No longer. I remembered just in the brink of time that Ray Lamontagne's newest cd, Til The Sun Turns Black, was released today! Kat and I did not even stop to collect $200, we headed straight for Borders and searched up and down the aisles for the long awaited release of our soulmate's newest album. I am really not one to do anything right away. I never have understood why people dress up and wait in line for Harrry Potter or Star Trek. More so, I have always been fairly lucky for things like concert tickets and such. This is different. I am admittedly infatuated with Ray and his soothing and sultry voice. After walking out the door in the knick of time with our prized possession we popped the cd in my car and were taken far far away. Even the instrumental piece that leads into the first song is tantalizing. As one of my roommates says, I'd jump his bones just because he opened his mouth and that sound came out. She said it. Not me!
But I agree whole heartedly. I am about to do the dorkiest thing in America and fall asleep to my Ray on my ipod. I can't think of anything better lying next to me.

I love Tuesdays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home