A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

1974

I can not take any credit for my new favorite thing. That's what cool friends are for...Everything I do cool is probably stolen from someone cooler. This is the truth for all of us even the most people walk around like they are the inventors of cool. That's okay. I'll still validate your coolness but nonetheless, it is stolen.
So, one of my newest friends had a cute hat. He woudlnt call it cute because he is a boy but it was cute. Honestly, I didnt know at first what it stood for. With a little investigation (cause I couldnt just come out and ask cause that wouldnt be cool at all (I hope you all know me enough by now and can sense the sarcasm...if not, we need to talk.)So, you know....I poke around and find that my new favorite thing is none but the Braves ball cap from the 70's and I am in love.

I am in love and I like to online order these days because I like mail. I dont even know what I am ordering but I like to get things in the mail sporadically....stain rremovers, luggage, sauce from Costa Rica, pictures, ball caps, music, books, frozen crab cakes - you name it...I love packages in the mail! (And hand written letters (wink wink - Liz)So I ordered the hat online but then yesterday when I was at the CNN center I saw the beloved object of my latest affections and I just couldnt wait so I bought it. Stop. Dont judge. Dont think I have delayed gratification problems. I dont. I am an Atlanta native and rarely go to the CNN center unless its the SEC championship and the Dawgs are kicking some cajun tail! And being an Atlanta native - I would normally never go in the Braves store - cause that would seem like the tourist thing to do. Sometimes it is so refreshing to be a tourist in your own city though! Anyway, they have the hat and they have my size and I give them my dollars and I am happy. I actually walked out the door with the hat on head (and my hot suit on) and forgot the whole reason I came...to meet a client.
So now I have two. I'll find somebody special to give hat #2 to. And the best part about it is I still get to wait for it in the mail! Mail= happy Betsy, remember.
This person has to have a big head though because I have a larger head and I ordered a big size. Little heads need not apply. There is a criteria. Kat and I are making up the criteria now for the lucky boy. (I say boy because I doubt any of my petite friends can wear this hat without it covering your eyes - I am not discriminating.)Anyway, dinner at a minimum and maybe the new cookies and cream icecream from chick-fil-a!!! Are you kidding me! No - Chick-fil-a really has milk shakes now and they are to die for. For real - to die for. Tonight Kat and I got 2 for 1 on the way to the Dave Barnes show. We didnt have to ask. It was a good night.
No longer is Chick fil A my healthy choice alternative. Thanks, again Liz for the early notice about the milk shakes!!!!

Favorite Items of the week: Braves 1974 ball cap (is that what you boys call them?) and a cookies and cream milkshake from Chick-Fil-A. Put the two together - watch out! Perfect summer combo.

I am so excited about this weekend. No updates I am sure. Too much going on and too much down time needed at the same time - more so, I need to lead a quiet life. "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life..." (1 Thess 4:11). And, BTW - I dont think blogging on a daily basis (sometimes bi-daily) is the greatest practice of a quiet life??? Things to consider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home