A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Athens baby

I just got really excited about my weekend. The weather today is exquisite. I laid in my grass this morning and then went on a marathon run without even looking at the time - my favorite kind. I even slept in past 7 this morning - 10 points for me! So things are going smoothly for sure - I love planless-Saturdays! I love the smell of fresh cute grass. I love watching my neighbor who hates the Terrace girls- have to smile at me when I keep walking outside and talking right at him. I mean, he cant even look us in the eye. Mama always said kill em with kindness and I always listen to mama. Anyway, I just looked at a picture of Charlsie and I miss her and I miss Athens and I have nothing to do tonight and I live in America and my gas tank is full and I love Athens in the spring so I am hitting the road. I am so excited. We will sit at Sons during the perfect late afternoon hours and then go eat at Bissets or the Resort or Depalmas or Five Star Day or maybe all four of them. My whole body is so excited at this last minute decision. Athens=heaven and I am headed straight there. By the by, Charlsie, JD, graduates in two weeks and I am not sure completely how she is feeling but I am sad. For some reason, I feel like I too am having to say goodye to Athens all over again. This will be a good trip before the big finale.
Enjoy your Saturday. 90% chance of rain tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home