A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Save $20 today

Come to Atlanta in March.....15,000 people and (hopefully) myself will run through my favorite parts of the city for the ING Atlanta-Marathon/Half Marathon. Granted, I was told a month ago by one of the country's greatest surgeons that bilateral knee surgery was in my near future but surely with enough drugs and endorphins 13+ miles will be like a walk in the park. I need some new goals and I think this along with the Country music half in Nashville will be the first two on the list. Look at me, New Years resolutions 4 months early! Who said I didn't like to plan in advance? Actually, yesterday my Strengths Finder results came back from these recent tests I had done and it told me that clearly spontaneity is my middle name and anything methodical makes me cringe. I defy authority and I am easily able to "woo" and engage even a wall in conversation. Really, I was hoping that I would have surprised myself and maybe had some strengths that I didnt know about. All in all, as all of these tests always say - my natural and adaptive style are the same. (This is rare)
My 3rd goal will be to change some of these strengths. The one word that is labeled me with is "Networker." This is nice and all but seriously, dont you think that is because of my current SALES position? I would hope that I could also contribute other qualities to a task or project aside from my ability to make friends with the postman and somehow walk away with his business.

Anywho, pay your $50 and come to Atlanta. The Terrace will host eggs and bagels the morning of and we'll celebrate in style after the trek through my favorite neighborhoods in Atlanta. You can do anything in 7 months. No excuses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home