A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Monday, September 04, 2006

I dont want it to end

I am drooling as I write this. I am so tired. This weekend proved to be many things but relaxing wasnt one of them. And I say that with a smile. It started Thursday with my first seminary class and ended tonight after 8 hours on the road with an innagural"Bean Party" at my friend, Dave's house. The laguhter, tears, singing, praising, dancing and all the gooey part in the middle coudlnt be summed up in any amount of words. Thursday the professor spoke about TL/BL perspective. I was floored by this man's ability to decipher truth but more so his ability to engage the audience the entire time. I left feeling so full. I was so satisfied that everything I had been working for the past few months amid the confusion and lack of clarity at times - had come to be even though it didnt look as I thought it would. Top Line perspective and Bottom Line perspective has to do with the constant theme throughtout the bible. The instructir showed several Top Line references that have to do with God wanting to bless us. And oh, does He ever? Kids, I really can not put into words how absolutely perfect this weekend was....actually perfect doesnt work because I couldnt have dreamed a more redeeming, rejuvenating and enjoyable weekend. My mind doesnt work that big. The breeze, the company, the sunshine, the message - everything was mind blowing. So, yes, God, you want to bless me abundantly. But the bottom line is that He wants to bless us so we can bless others. This seems simple. Unfortunately, I find so much of my life and time being only about the first part. The Bottom line is the natural reaction because of our blessings to share them with everyone! That is it. Those 2 things - God blesses us, we bless others.

My mind really cant begin to wrap around the yummy white part of the oreo cookie that represents these last few days. I am going to get into my bed and just be still and let my heart try to store all of my excitement and energy. There will be more. If this stuff is too cheesy for you you may want to come back in a week because I don't see this going away. I am head over heels!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful weekend, enjoying God's blessings and blessing others! Thanks for sharing. :)

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home