A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Friday, March 18, 2005

My worst flaw

Recognizing your flaws is the first step to change. Of course I dont really like change so this might be a little harder than I think. I have recognized that I have high expectations for people, situations, the weather, my meals, myself, my family, my job, my workouts, other peoples familys, other peoples jobs, other peoples feelings.....I expect alot. And it is not really that I expect alot but I am a dreamer and the eternal optimist. My morning might start by waking up, knowing it is going to be a long-busy day but hoping in hte bottom of my bosom that that night something might happen. Let's say I think up that that night I would like to go to a new restaurant, let's say Two Urban Licks ( a new fave though I have only had dessert though - go figure - read prior blog). All day long I go about my merry day, working away, talking to folks via email/phone. Never do I mention my desires but I still expect that they will occur. The day progresses it becomes the time where I think I should find someone else who shares the same interest for the evening (all day long I am thinking that they want to do the same thing). Now it is about 5pm-ish...I am expecting good things to happen in these next few hours. I go to workout or do whatever it is I do in the afternoons. I get a call from a certain someone or maybe not a certain someone and they have plans. Maybe I don't express it right away because of course, I have no reason to be upset because I never communicated to the person my desires but nonetheless - I am bummed. Many of you have experienced this and I may be the common demoniator. Thus leads to the change that needs to occur. I do stick to this: I am a dreamer - my mind is constantly creating and imagining. I fall for what can be. I like people, jobs, ideas for the potenital they have and maybe not for what they really are. Maybe you would say I do not have a good grasp of reality. Now that part I am not sorry for. My world in my head is much more exciting, sensual, peaceful, and enjoyable than much of what I actually experience. What I do need to change is the effects of my expectations not being met.
As I said, first thing is recognition and that - I have done. I feel accomplished today. Now what great plans am I conjuring up in my head for the weekend....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home