A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Nicholson family....

Hello...do I have a voice? Do I exist? I honestly think sometimes that I could get married and move to Tokyo and my mom would call me a few weeks after just to wonder how I was doing....It is pretty scary that I live 25 miles from my family and I rarely get to see them. Yes, we are all in different stages of life - but when aside from those lovely elementary days are you ever tracking at the same pace? Mary Lauren, 14, is the lone child left at home with my parents. I do pity her - not to be home with my parents because Tanise and Steve are as cool as they come but to be home alone. I couldnt have imagined not having someone home to boss or fight over the toy in the cereal box with on a Saturday morning. Many people say Mary Lauren is like a mini-Betsy but I think she hates that reference and does everything to try to defy any connection. I adore her - she got all the Nicholson looks - she is probably going to comrprise the 5 foot 8 stature too that the pediatrician always told me I would carry. Whatever.
Carter, the youngest brother, is en route to Athens this summer to attend my alma mater. Before that though he is looking for any odd jobs from yard cutting, to house sitting to brick laying and between??? Just give him a coke and double the gas money he takes to get around and he's hired. He always seems to be broke but always seems to have some ladies to take out as well- not sure how that works??? And he treats the ladies well from what I can tell. Carter is a catch. Carter and I see eye to eye too. Sometimes it is scary how alike we are - passionate, quick to make decisions (not always the right ones), fickle with money, we love to dance, full of good intentions and we have hearts that often work for good but can sometimes get us in over our head in certain situations.
Matt, aka, Dr. McDreamy is completing his first year in med school. Matt is definitely the most driven of all of us too and he is a powerhouse. He is stong mentally and he is stable. I can't wait to spend time with him this summer before he goes back to Augusta for med school part 2.
Okay, so the Nicholson clan is cool. I do hope we make efforts to see eachother this summer ezpecially while everyone is home. I know these days togethter are a blessing.
ML, Carter, Matt - no excuses. I am making y'all hang out with me. I know I am old and not cool and I probably smell funny and go to bed early but humor me and let's hang. We can put on bowling shirts and go bowling again or play tennis or pretend to be patient and catch fish in the lake near the house or play DDR in the basement??? We can watch Saturday cartoons and eat Catptain Crunch again and I'll give yall the toy in the bottom of the box. Whatever the activity - let's plan it. Carter, I'll pay you for your time as that may be the only way I can get you to hang.....

On other notes.....I HAVE To be productive tomorrow. Make me be productive. Dont talk to me. Dont call me (unless you are my siblings) and pray that I can make some progress tomorrow. Anyone need to refinance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home