A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Picture this

First picture this....I am sitting in the Honda in the Kroger parking lot on Roswell road. In my bathing suit, windows open, Robert Randolph singing in my ear. This is what you call a redneck cookout for sure. I needed to look up a phone number on the puter as I was awaiting the arrival of my amigas so we can head to the lake for the day. I turn on the computer and it says I have internet! I am in the Kroger parking lot, folks! Okay, so normally I wouldnt be so anxious to write but my heart can no longer contain it's contentment! More so, you know me - I LOVE LOVE LOVE to write so whether or not this thing actually posts on the www - of no matter to me... part of my daily worship is expressing my sentiments on paper (well....paper kind of.) Did you picture that - blogging in the Kroger parking lot, Paulaner beer next to me (is this illegal?) and bathing suit on the perfect Sunday??? Okay erase that image because here is the meat and potatoes.....
My heart is so in tune with God's. You know how your whole body breathes and screams at the top of it's lungs when it finds itself trucking right along with it's Creator's??? It's like even my toes and fingers and the tip of my nose can feel it. Everything in me is alive. God has spoken such clairty to me lately and when I am finally not stubborn enough to listen - my body rejoices! Yesterday God gave me the most fabulous-ordained-relaxing-rejuvenating-invigorating-pleasing-energizing-perfect-yummy day! Here comes the picture.....82 and sunny, no clouds, remote pool in the middle of the woods, birds around us, every perfect song in the background, no boys so no need to cover up, sweet tea and lemonade at our finger tips, a slight breeze, cookie dough, jacuzzi bubbling, no cell phones ringing, conversation picked just for the moment - or none at all and a few favorite friends to take it all in. And that is just part 1. This first chapter lasted for nearly 8 hours but it literally felt like days. God is so good. My heart can't nearly take it all in. The hours didnt seem to move yesterday. He just knows us. He knows we needed rest and fellowship. I allow myself to get so distracted throughout the week and I dont even deserve His pursuit but yet He continues.... He beckons through the busyness and our brokeness and pride. Thank you, God, for continuing to pursue me despite my lack of acknowledgement at times. You are too good. You are satisfying beyond expression. You are the captivator of my heart! I want to sing you a love song!

But that's not all. Part 2: Stars are out, music still in the background, perfect evening temperature, a few enjoyable boys this time, dinner on the porch, jacuzzi jets massaging my back..... Bliss. Needeless to say, yesterday was divine - the whole thing. It even began with the longest workout I've had in months. Thank you God for a planless Memorial Day weekend. You know what my heart needs. This weekend it is You and I and I am honored to be yours.
So the serenity will continue....I am headed to the lake for the day and then I have a table at Chastain Ampitheatre tonight for a concert (my FAVORITE place in Atlanta!). Tomorrow the Nicholson clan is cooking out and having the first annual Memorial Day weekend tennis tourney. I have to get all the giggles out today so I can get my game face on tomorrow. I can't let the younger Nicholson's beat me. But if they do - I have the cutest tennis skirt!

OKay....the crew is here. Blogging in Kroger parking lot - what a thrill! Praise God today for His contiunuous pursuit of our hearts. My heart is doing somersaults!

Happy Memorial Day - I'll eat a burger with American cheese and I am wearing my red bathing suit to show my patriotism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home