A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Good Friday

Good Friday was yesterday and it was nothing but good. I woke up yesterday morning feeling alive and different. Yes, I should always wake up feeling alive but this was a kind of alive I hadn't felt in a long time- atleast since last summer. I went and did an early a.m. workout which always makes the day even better. I got most of the work that I needed to do done in time to head out early to enjoy the afternoon. I did a little fishing, went for a walk and then went to Good Friday service at church. Yes, this is a boring blog but monumental for me because Good Friday was so good. The service at church was indescribable. I was alone, it was dark and quiet and intentional. The wooden cross was at the center of the room and all of the seats were turned to face the center. There were candles all around the cross and all over the room. Candy, whose voice is captivating and Christian, who leads worship in Sundays went back and forth singing praise songs in between naratives of the 'Easter' story. I could have sat in that room all alone all night and felt perfectly at peace and perfectly content. After my good Good Friday I was in bed pretty early. Somehow I woke up with half my clothes off. That is another story fro probably a whole 'nother blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home