A little part of the Big story.....fka "My Year to Thrive"

My favorite word in highschool was Lagniappe thanks to Dr. Sims. Lagniappe is 'a little something extra.' I just like the word and the french origin. Hope you enjoy a little something extra today!

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Lonely Saturday

Good Friday leads to lonely Saturday. Especially, when your cell phone lives it's last life right after lunch today. My family was busy, my roommates are all out of town, my new friends since January were all home to there Alabama residences (I would never live in Alabama), my old friends don't remember me, my married friends are - well, married....and no one else cared to call either. Needless to say, I soothed my loneliness with a little 'mini' trip to the mall for several necessities that only became necessities as of today when I realized I was bored and had already done everything I wanted to do by noon. So now it is 10:30pm and I have yet to come across familiar civilization but I do have a great new pair of sunglasses but no one even to admire them.

It is supposed to storm like crazy in the next few hours. I love thunderstorms more than most anything I can think of. Ken is right, I tend to like everything more than everything and have the best time 'ever' every time I do anythin. I say - that is a talent and art to be able to find such pleasure in simply everything. I would have liked someone to share the thunderstorm with....good conversation can come during a good storm. I just took Benadryl cause that's what I do when I am alone (actually, gross, but I think the hottub from last weekend has cause my legs to itch - yes, gross...I know. And mom says Benadryl makes it better. I believe everything she says.) I hope the Benadryl doesnt it take it's toll before the thunderstorm comes.

What will Sunday bring?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I have had no itching from the hot tub. Second, I did call on Friday and don't believe I got a call back. That could have taken up your lonely Saturday. Except I probably wouldn't have answered because I was on the beach playing volleyball.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home